If a newborn baby comes to your home, a wet bed is a most general sight one has to deal with. Even in old age urinating in bed is something one cannot help with. Sometimes adults too face the problem of involuntarily urinating in the bed due to complications in the kidney or weak bladder control. While this condition may be too strange to hear, but it has been found that more or less two out of hundred adults wet their bed at night.
No matter how much embarrassing it may be to open up, regular urinating in bed should be diagnosed by a doctor, and the cause should be detected. The common reasons for this condition are:
- Overactive bladder
- Overproduction of urine in the kidneys
- Excessive drinking of caffeine or alcohol-based products
- Use of drugs that irritates the bladder
This condition might also be hereditary, but it should not be considered as something permanent. One should seek proper medical supervision and try coming out of this problem.
At a domestic perspective, regular urinating on beds by the members of the family and their pets makes it challenging to maintain the hygiene of the house. Even the best mattress toppers can succumb to the regular wetting and the resultant staining. It is crucial to clean it daily as it will lead to infections if untreated and the foul smell will become excruciating for everyone.
An enzyme-based detergent would be a good choice for complete cleaning of the urine. While the bed sheets and regular fabrics can be washed and disinfected, the real problem is faced while cleaning the top rated mattresses topper.
Following are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind while dealing with such issues:
- You should not rub the affected area as it may lead the urine to spread into the deeper areas of the mattress. The excess liquid should be just dabbed off with the help of a clean cloth or paper towel.
- The excess moisture can then be dried up by a gentle sprinkling of baking soda over it.
- If you do not find an enzyme-based solution for some reason, a solution of vinegar and warm water in equal ratio can be used to clean the mattress. However, one has to compromise on the unpleasant smell of this solution.
- Protective gloves can be used while dealing with urine.
- Reading the instruction label of the market-based detergents is advisable to obtain best results.
- Make sure that the room used to clean the luxury mattress topper is ventilated enough so that the foul odor can easily fritter away.
- Vacuuming of the mattress and exposing it to the sunlight is highly recommended to kill the incubating bacteria and dirt
As always, prevention is better than cure. Rubber sheets and other sealed products can be used to avoid future hassles. An adult can consider wearing nappy pants to deal with the embarrassment morning after. If you fancy, a drop of lavender oil put on the best bed topper mattress can bring back the freshness of the room.